Catherine Palmer - RSS Director & Advanced Sewing Teacher
Catherine is a Mission Service Corps missionary with the North American Mission Board. Her assignment is to work with refugees from many countries who have been resettled in metro
Amy Cornett - Bead Group Teacher
Growing up in a pastor's family provided many opportunities for Amy Cornett to interact with those in need as well as with those who meet those needs. As an adult she has hosted international students from
Todd Harrison - CEO, Business Consultant
Todd Harrison is President of for-profit PureFUN!, a daycare supply company. His experience in owning and operating several businesses allows him to give expert advice about managing and growing a business-oriented non-profit corporation. Todd and his wife Carol have founded orphanages in
Carol Harrison - Finance manager
As co-owner of PureFUN! daycare supply company, Carol has kept all financial records for many years. Her organizational skills and financial knowledge allow her to manage the day-to-day monetary issues that arise in the RSS. She and Todd make sure we are compliant with all government requirements. They have set up a payroll and keep track of each woman’s earnings.
Tom Jones Sr. is a native of
Nancy Jones grew up in a small North Georgia town, graduated from Georgia Baptist Hospital School of Nursing, and married Tom Jones almost 53 years ago. She and Tom spent 30 years in East Africa serving as Baptist missionaries for the International Mission Board and are now retired. Much of her time in Kenya was spent working with Kenyan women in the churches and operating a medical clinic in a large slum area in Nairobi. Working with women of other cultures is a special love of hers, so working with these refugee women makes her "retirement" an enjoyable time.
• HP Printer Ink 75XL Color
• HP Printer Ink 74XL Black
• HP Printer Ink Black #60
• HP Printer Ink TriColor #60
• Canon Black Printer Ink #5
• Canon Color Printer Ink #8
• Staples Cover Stock Ivory
• Sterilite Bins 20 Qt. / 19 L Clear w/ white lid
• Styrofoam or thick paper plates
• Solo Cups
• Crochet thread for Bhutanese Weaving. Click here for chart.
• University pattern licensed poly cotton fabric, in 1 1/2 yard increments.
• Solid color kitchen dish cloths. NOT bar cloths or bathroom towels
Sewing Group Needs
• Fabric – cotton or cotton/poly preferred, flannel, fleece
• Sewing Machine needles
• Notions – scissors, bobbins, pins, tape measures, etc.
• Sewing Machines – working machines welcomed, but no machines in cabinets.
• Gift certificates to Michael’s, Jo-Ann’s, or Hobby Lobby
Yarn Group Needs
•Any yarn or crochet thread on our yarn and thread chart.
Gift certificates to Michael’s, Jo-Ann’s, or Hobby Lobby
Bead Group Needs
• Beads – anything but plastic
• Elastic string
• Clasps and other closures
• Beading tools
• Jewelry findings
• Non-perishable snacks of all kinds
• Lipton instant tea with sugar and lemon
• Powdered creamer
• Plastic spoons
• Paper plates
• Foam cups
• Paper towels
P.O. Box 1001
Clarkston, GA 30021-1001
Copyright © 2013 - Refugee Sewing Society - Clarkston, GA
Contact Us! 678-576-3341 - RefugeeSewingSociety@gmail.com www.refugeesewingsociety.com. 3895 Church St., Clarkston, GA. 30021