Missions in a Box!
The Missions in a Box program practically brings the Refugee Sewing Society to any type of meeting you may be hosting. Whether it be your Sunday school class, Women On Mission meeting, WMU meeting, book club, or any other type of event, Missions in a Box provides a touching missions experience.
For $20 you will receive an entire box full of items appropriate for your group. We will mail everything you need for your meeting as well as a selection of our beautiful handmade items. To download the application form, click here: http://webzoom.freewebs.com/refugeesewingsociety/Marketing/MIB application.doc
- Items made by the women of RSS.*
- A stand up tri-fold with photos of our women to display.
- An information booklet about the RSS.
- A 5-minute DVD to introduce the women of the RSS.
- Brochures to hand out.
- An RSS Challenge.
- Tea bags.
- A quiz and door prize.
How to conduct your program:
- Serve hot tea and snacks just like we do at the RSS (tea bags included).
- Use your booklet to introduce the RSS ministry and discuss what a refugee is.
- Show the 5 minute DVD so your ladies can meet ours!
- Ask 3 women to read the story of 3 refugees ? Gita, Mariam, and Georgette.
- Discuss how your lives are similar and different to the lives of these women.
- Share the recipes with your women.
- Quiz! Give a door prize to first woman who answers correctly.
- RSS ChallengeTurn Quiz page over to find the RSS Challenge. Read and discuss it.
- Prayer time. Pray for the refugee women and the volunteers of the RSS.
- Market time! Encourage your women to go shopping with the RSS.
- Extremely Important: Mark the box beside each product on the inventory list included. Return the list so we know whom to pay.
- Wrap-up: Please pack display items and products that didn?t sell and return with your check(s) and the packing list. If you sell everything (and we hope you do!), send the envelope (included) with the packing list and checks (or a check from your group). For questions about shipping, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.